Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i look for 4046

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 74hc4046 is a 5 volt part. Also HCT, LV, VHC. There were many other versions.
The MC14046 and CD4046 will work up to 12V and 15 max. also HE4046
There are other versions.

For testing: the oscillator will work with two resistors and a capacitor. That is easy to test.
There are 3 phase comparators. Not easy to test.
The source follower should be easy to test.
How much testing do you need? It you are only using compareII then only test it and not compareI

Best Test: is Just replace it with a new one and Compare results in the units operation.
The 4046 is Quite Inexpensive.

I would send you one for free, But the Shipping cost is a bit too much.

The data sheet for a device often shows a test circuit suitable for testing it. I know this to be the case with the CD4046 device. The 4046 includes all but a few components necessary to build a complete PLL. Testing would involve building that PLL and seeing to it that (among other things) the output frequency follows the reference frequency over a certain range using the phase detector(s) of interest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back