Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I just bought a new LCD and I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sams12

Banned
Hi,
I just bought TV and I don’t like the picture quality its pretty bad, I did the installation my self and I connected it both thought the antenna and the colored cables and tried using both, the cables look better but not good enough...I don’t have an hdmi cable, do you think my cable company would have to fix it since the programmed my drv/digital box bor the old crappy TV and they can fix the picture?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
No. The cable company won't touch hardware inside your home, they'll only test for valid signal strength, the rest is up to you. They might send someone to hook up the new system for you but they'd charge you for it.

You need an HDMI cable, there is no other way to properly hook up an LCD monitor to a modern digital box.

Amazon.com sells HDMI cables for extremely low prices. I recently bought a 30ft HDMI cable for 13 dollars, works great. 6 footers cost as little as 4 dollars.

If you posted good pictures of the input/output cables that you have on your TV and the ones that are on your cable box we might be able to help a little bit more about your specific situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back