Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overclocked said:
I have an Idea that I think would be awsome, but because of current tech, IT MAY Not/May Work. Should I patent it?

Which planet are U from Overclocked or did you just suffer a short circuit :?: :?: :?:

Overclocked said:
So I can file one even If it doesnt work?

You can try? - but unless you have huge sums of money to fight law suits patents don't offer any protection anyway :cry:

Probably your first task is to check that a similar patent doesn't already exist?.

If your idea is really sound, the most practical way is to sell your "idea" to large corporations and let them worry about the patent issues.

You do know for full protection, one need to patent a design in different countries, don't you?

There is virtually no way an idividual can upkeep a patent in different countries which involves a lot of money, each year.

I've got a couple of ideas, one that I am in the middle of upgrading, and it works very smoothly. Anyone who I have shown it to has told me that I could make a lot of money with it. The only problem standing in my way is how to market it. I would imagine that the best idea, like eblc said, would be to sell it to a large corporation and let them deal with it. The only fear I have is, what is keeping them from copying it after you show them?

So you have them sign a contract. You will let them use your idea, and if they make any profits you are guarnteed atleast 10-20% of those profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back