Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Have A Eagle (.brd) File Only of a Circuit I Want To Get a PCB Made For Cheap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

Hi,

I found a circuit online that only included a Eagle .brd file for and I'd like to get a PCB made for it, but I'm not really familiar with a lot of places that will do it under $60.

The board is a single layer board as well, and not that large in size since it was made with the freeware version of Eagle.

Just looking for an easy way of uploading it (board file) and placing my order, as I don't want to make the PCB myself.

Thanks

Many PCB manufacturers require a certain board size (normally 160X100mm) for a minimum order. If you want to use the small board in multiples you might contact bilex-lp.

Check out online calculation and use multiple boards to gain a final board size getting close to minimum requirements.

You might also contact the owner, Mr. Hristo Ginov via email and ask for a special offer. Check out contacts on their home page.

Bilex (Bulgaria) is the cheapest (no tooling costs) to find in Europe and delivers good quality boards - sometimes with long turn around times, but getting better.

Boncuk

Hi,

I found a circuit online that only included a Eagle .brd file for and I'd like to get a PCB made for it, but I'm not really familiar with a lot of places that will do it under $60.

The board is a single layer board as well, and not that large in size since it was made with the freeware version of Eagle.

Just looking for an easy way of uploading it (board file) and placing my order, as I don't want to make the PCB myself.

Thanks

Could you tell me the board size ?Our prototype service to the $ 49 minimum includes shipping.

Hi,

Thanks

Check your private mail. If you send me the file and not that big a deal, I will do a toner transfer for you. You drill the holes. :D

Reactions: 3v0
@PCBWING

Can you change you quote page Advanced Pcb Quote & Order to allow a quote without an email address ?

It looks like you are $1.15 sq/in higher then BatchPCB but have no setup fee. Not sure how the shipping figures in the board cost is over your $49 min.

If you are worried about spam, interference, I have to say: We do not send it. If you're still worried, you are free to fill a non-existent address to deal with. Some people have already done, although it's unnecessary.

I didn't realise how cheap getting boards made up could be. I'm currently looking on the PCB Pool website, they are an Irish company. It says the minimum order size is 1 dm.

What is 1dm?

What is 1dm?
Decimeter is 1/10 meter. I copied this from their page:

Prices are charged per square decimetre (dm²).

further:
Solution:
100 mm x 160 mm = 1.6 dm²
1.6 dm² x 50.00EUR/dm² = 80.00 EUR
80.00 EUR x 0.50 = 40.00 EUR

Last edited:
Decimeter is 1/10 meter. I copied this from their page:

Prices are charged per square decimetre (dm²).

further:
Solution:
100 mm x 160 mm = 1.6 dm²
1.6 dm² x 50.00EUR/dm² = 80.00 EUR
80.00 EUR x 0.50 = 40.00 EUR

Thanks.

That is a very reasonable price for quite a big board. With that sort of price level there can't be much reason to make boards up the old way, except for interest and fun.

....and of course speed. Those prices are for 8 WD lead time. Not clear to me what is a WD. It most likely does not include delivery.

If it is working days makes me wonder why they have the machinery sat there doing not much on the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back