Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I feel stupid for asking but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwaitang26

Hi,

I've a question this:

Color objects other than white tend to absorb IR. So does active IR detection improve with amplitude modulating high frequency carrier with PCM signals (similar to remote control) compared with just sending a few pulse trains per detection cyle?

I mean is the likelihood of detection for a given range increase by sending more IR pulses compared to sending a few IR pulses for each cycle? (At least some pulses will reflected back if the first few absorbed by color temp of an object)?

cwaitang26 said:
I mean is the likelihood of detection for a given range increase by sending more IR pulses compared to sending a few IR pulses for each cycle? (At least some pulses will reflected back if the first few absorbed by color temp of an object)?
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking, but it sounds like you're assuming that an object will start reflecting IR better after it has absorbed some? This doesn't make any sense, if an object doesn't reflect IR well, it's going to reflect just as poorly no matter how many pulses you send at it...

cwaitang26 said:
Hi,

I've a question this:

Color objects other than white tend to absorb IR. So does active IR detection improve with amplitude modulating high frequency carrier with PCM signals (similar to remote control) compared with just sending a few pulse trains per detection cyle?

No it doesnt work that way.. Always some amount is both absorbed & reflected. If your target is too absorbing, then you must boost your power output to increase your chances of detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back