Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I don't understand the viper12adip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I'm probably trying to use it wrong. The data sheet didn't make sense to me, but I'm not using it with AC power either, I'm trying to use it as DC to DC 48 to 12. Will it do it? How do I hook it up?
1&2 are source, 3 is Feed Back, 4 is VDD, 5,6,7&8 are Drain
View attachment 61959
Is Vdd just for power to run it with?, feed back is .23v, source is grounded, Drain switches source to ????
Thanks,
Kinarfi

Last edited:
Judging from the schematic below (from the datasheet):

View attachment 61970

I'd say yes, but that's a qualified yes.

kinatfi said:
Is Vdd just for power to run it with?

Yes and no, As you can see, VDD, (wherever it comes from) also supplies the power for the actual charging circuit in this schematic.

But is does appear to be a bucking (as well as, possibly, a boosting) device.

Th FB input would have to be controlled by some manner fixed of biasing (for a steady load) or an arrangement as depicted for a varying load.

I think I'm right here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back