Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i dont know if its possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenr015

is it possible?

A device that charges any electronic gadget (i.e. laptop, cellphone etc...) without using any wires? my idea is transmitting the voltage in free space, then the gadget has a certain receiver of the said voltage.. it doesn't have to be in a long range, even if i place it side by side with each other... I'm just curious if it is possible in any sense? ha ha, I don't know if its feasible or ridiculous. :p

lol.. my question been answered by another thread.. moral lesson: read first before you ask. lol ha ha ha

Mostly not practical. I have worked on an inductive coupling system to transfer power through the human chest wall to power permanently implanted artificial organs, including a system capable of passing about 25W. At that power level, the coils need to be large compared to the gap between them; about 12" dia for a gap of ~2" Not light, small, or very efficient. Power lost vs Power transferred: about 4:1, i.e. efficiency of 25%

hmmm.... but i have read about frequency to dc voltage converters... i thought maybe it is possible... how about dealing with much smaller gadgets that consumes super less power???

i have read about frequency to dc voltage converters...

An F-to-V converter is powered from a source of DC voltage. This circuit will output a proportion of that input DC power as an output voltage, according to an input frequency which controls it.

It's possible but not very efficient.

In fact this kind of technology was invented by Tesla over 100 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back