Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can't set a breakpoint ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

I'm running e2 studio version 3.1.0.24. I used to be able to set breakpoints without any problem.

Today, I can't set a breakpoint. I double click on a line and nothing happens.

FYI, when e2 studio is closed, there is a process running e2studio.exe *32.

I'm using C.

Software is running fine.

After shutting down and restarting my computer, I can put breakpoints in one file but not other files.

When a piece of code is compiled with C some extraordinary things happen... I suspected that C was being used.

There is a COF / CDG /OMF file created... This file produces all debug information.... BUT!!! Your optimizer steps in and all hell breaks loose..

If in a C file you have several statements that loosely do the same thing... Only one line will actually get compiled.. So when debugging try turning off the optimizer.. HEED all warnings, they can give you a clue... Unfortunately I don't use Renesas Software any more... I used it extensively when I was primarily using Philips XA series chips. It was called RIDE then, but no more.. Possibly 10 years since so the software will be very different!! They don't even seem to support Philips anymore...

Looking at the software... It seems as they use CDB debugging.. However! they also have adopted the Eclipse IDE and each compiler is an addon and so is the debugger..

You may be better off at the e2 studio forums... Or at least the compiler forum... Which device are you using???

Thank you for the response.,

I used to be able to hover over local variable to see it's value. Now, I cannot hover over local variables in the debugger. However, in eclipse IDE I can hover over local variables and see information. I think something is not setup correctly in my debugger. Do I need to do something with the Indexer ? What is it ? How to use it ?

In my e2studio I cannot put breakpoints anywhere but my application runs fine.
From main menu, I open Window - Show View - Disassembly
When Disassembly window opens, e2 studio stops responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back