Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can't recognize fryed electronic component? Plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donatas

problem is we bought a fork lifter "genie gth 2506" and found that load indicator WP_20141124_009.jpg 3B6.jpg dead. one peace fryed. how to find name of that peace to replace it? how people find out names that cant read becouse too much damaged part..HELP ME 3B6.jpg original.jpg original 1.jpg.

Here's a link to the manual or a similar manual: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/operators/english/57.0009.0536_11.pdf

That part is designed for board-level replacement, which means you have to get a new board or new control unit. That gets very expensive, if the fault is downstream and the new board simply burns out like the old one did.

My advice to to find the same or similar machine and ask its owner if you can take a look. It appears to have the component identifier"D1" which means it is a diode, but there is no guarantee that identifier applies to that component. If it is just a diode, then replacement may be an option, but you will also need to repair the PCB track that is damaged too. That is not a simple repair for someone who hasn't don it before. The starting point is to find someone with the same unit.

Is there a discussion forum for these Genie lifts? If so, and if the problem is relatively common, you may find an answer there.

John

3B6 are one of our competitors.... They are an Italian spin off from PAT who also do vehicle weighing systems..

I designed the Timotex fork truck weighing system and also do my own.. Going off the pictures.. If it used to have 5 legs it would be the switched mode regulator... Going off the coil, cap and schlocky diode... It looks similar to mine...

I use the LM2576t-5... But it could be any... If this is blown apart the input voltage has been exceeded as they have inbuilt current shutoff.... If it is a switch mode regulator they normally have an input range of Vout+2 ~ 40v.... If your truck is a 50V truck there is a 60v version...

I have friends that know all about 3B6 systems, But I can't contact them until Monday!!!

3B6 are one of our competitors.... They are an Italian spin off from PAT who also do vehicle weighing systems..

I designed the Timotex fork truck weighing system and also do my own.. Going off the pictures.. If it used to have 5 legs it would be the switched mode regulator... Going off the coil, cap and schlocky diode... It looks similar to mine...

I use the LM2576t-5... But it could be any... If this is blown apart the input voltage has been exceeded as they have inbuilt current shutoff.... If it is a switch mode regulator they normally have an input range of Vout+2 ~ 40v.... If your truck is a 50V truck there is a 60v version...

I have friends that know all about 3B6 systems, But I can't contact them until Monday!!!

You know stuff Ian. But never brag. That = good person.

On a side note...had a post going here..pushed the wrong button. I screwed up = stupid person me :wideyed:
Like 2 Hrs of typing all to come to nothing.

Regards,
tv

Looks like the two Polyfuses , didn't protect this design. FE1, FE2

Waiting monday. Maby Ian Rogers will get some useful info about 3B6
How to know wat voltage of genie GTH ? we use 12 V Battery

Last edited:
If the system is only 12v, is it possible that welding has taken place whilst the battery was still connected???

Another reason is a dead battery being charged by what we used to call in the trade "demon charger".. These are chargers where the diodes have gone and unknown voltages are being used..

One last cause is the alternator itself... These things also suffer from blown diodes... It is possible that a rogue negative voltage has destroyed MORE than the regulator...

Last edited:
If the system is only 12v, is it possible that welding has taken place whilst the battery was still connected???

Another reason is a dead battery being charged by what we used to call in the trade "demon charger".. These are chargers where the diodes have gone and unknown voltages are being used..

One last cause is the alternator itself... These things also suffer from blown diodes... It is possible that a rouge negative voltage has destroyed MORE than the regulator...

not disconnected battery welding is posible... becouse we found alot of place where was welded. We laughed a lot when saw they just put a steel plate to mask metal crack's. cheaters repairers.... This is very unprofessional.

not disconnected battery welding is posible... becouse we found alot of place where was welded. We laughed a lot when saw they just put a steel plate to mask metal crack's. cheaters repairers.... This is very unprofessional.
Was this fork lift inspected at all before you bought it??? It must have been very cheap!!

The 3B6 limiter repair could be £££'s (or $$$'s if you prefer )... Welding with the battery connected causes a whole heap of trouble...

problem is we bought a fork lifter "genie gth 2506" and found that load indicator View attachment 92442 View attachment 92444 dead. one peace fryed. how to find name of that peace to replace it? how people find out names that cant read becouse too much damaged part..View attachment 92443 View attachment 92445 View attachment 92447.
My advice is take out all the parts burnt and use any replacement 5V SMPS regulator with 10-15V input.
OKI/Murata make in in 3 terminal packages, or you can out of a surplus router, a suitable replacement for free with some time to carefully wire up and bond with Polyurethane to main board.

To determine Amperage required, remove or measure in circuit, the coil resistance of 151 (150uH) and measure milliohms. From size, it is limited to about 0.5W so I=√(0.5/R) e.g. R=500mΩ=0.5Ω, I = 1Amp, if R= 0.25Ω, then I=1.4A

<$5 in stock, ships same day 1.5A, 5Vout, https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/OKI-78SR-5/1.5-W36-C/811-2196-5-ND/2259781 what are you waiting for?

Last edited:
Donatas I have heard back from one guy.... This system is too old and he has no documents..

I am also speaking to a man at 3B6 here in the UK... He will contact me this afternoon... I'll get back to you then..

I have just been talking to 3B6 here in the UK.... The model is still in service... He is getting me a replacement costing!

The part is a reverse wired protection diode... No idea of which but I use IN4002's in mine... Looking at the TOPFET switches, it needs to carry some current!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back