Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pls help!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkn

friends i am Kirubakaran from Trichy(in Tamilnadu) in INDIA....I am studying B.E 1st year in Electrical & electronics in Anna University.....i hated my course while selecting...my parents forced me 2 join that course....hmmm my fate....i love CSE (computer science engineering) very much...first of all i have no idea to study this subject and wasted my time....i wasted nearly 5 - 6 months without studying....My best friend,,somewhat good in this subject and i am good in computer field.....one day he told me that i want to become like u in computer fields......i got upset....bcause i hated my subject and i didnt even shown a little interest on my hated subject...but he is studying his own subject and involving in other subjects also..at that time i planned to study well in electrical and electronics..at that time i started to love my subject....i planned to study well ..i want to know some basics...but i dont know anything on this subject..my another best friend is internet..while studying computer languages i will join some forums and i will share my ideas with others..so i planned to search electrical and electronics forums on google..i saw many forums..i dont like those forums..finally i found this forum...and my only worry is this site is only for electronics and not for electricals..anyone pls give me a good forum for electricals...and now i recently attended my department paper called circuit theory full of problems..my teacher didnt teach well..i faced so many questions which was not taught by my teacher..at that moment i thought about this site..now i am posting my problem...that is i cant concentrate on my subject..there is no confident whether i can achieve in this field.. Anyone pls solve my problem..

I can't solve your problems, and neither can anyone else here; only you can solve your own problems - this is known as "personal responsibility". Learn it, know it, and take advantage of it - because no one else can do it for you. As far as any questions, if you have some relating to your schooling, or to other electronics (and even electrical) - there are plenty of sub-boards here that can help you, with many posters who will do their best to try to help you (as long as you can express the problem in a succinct manner so that we understand it - I understand that english is not likely your first language (though from what I gather from your post, it seems more than adequate for asking most questions, I think).

Finally - and this is very important: The first words in the title of your post is "I cant" - excise those words from your vocabulary. The moment you start saying those words is the moment you limit your possibilities. You can do it. Anything you put your mind to, you can do. It might not come to you instantly, it might take a lot of hard work and time to get from here to there, but there is nothing stopping you - except yourself. Don't let yourself limit your possibilities.

Good luck in your studies and desires, where ever they make take you.

:)

thanks for ur reply....now i can understand my problems....and also thanks for your wishes....my problem is that even now i cant show interest in electrical and electronics....i will try to reduce this problem....

thanks for ur reply....now i can understand my problems....and also thanks for your wishes....my problem is that even now i cant show interest in electrical and electronics....i will try to reduce this problem....

Here's something else to consider: Whatever you do in life, make sure it is because -you- want to do it, not because someone else wanted you to do. I've seen many people in miserable situations because they were either forced by someone else into doing something they didn't want to do, or because they thought they had to do it because of the money, or because they thought it was the "only way". These people go thru life miserable, thinking someday they would earn enough, or something else would happen - and then they would finally be able to do what they want (when they retire, or when the situation changes, or...?).

Instead - always try to do what you love, always try to be true to yourself. Don't worry about the money, don't worry about any perceived (or real) prestige. If you aren't happy with your position, your job, your life - then what good is it, really - if you are rich, or adored, or otherwise admired? None of that will make you happy. None of that will make you feel better about yourself or your situation. Only when you take a step back, and do that which makes you happy - will you truely -be- happy, and fulfilled.

You don't like electronics? You don't like electrical stuff? Maybe you don't understand it, maybe it isn't the right career or option for you. Sure, it might lead you to greater wealth and prestige among your peers, family, and friends. But what about yourself? If you aren't happy with it - if you are just "acting the part" - hoping that something will click inside you and you'll start liking it - you may be doing nothing but lying to yourself.

Be truthful with your desires - be truthful with your wants and needs in life. Then follow them, and to hell with what anybody else thinks or says about your decisions and choices. As long as those choices aren't causing anyone else harm, and instead you gain satisfaction and harmony in your life from them - what is it to them? Your life is -yours-. Only you can make the decisions for yourself; no one else can (unless you are in prison - are you in prison? There are many kinds of prisons out there...).

One other thing, though - sometimes, if you think about what you really want to do - and then see if there's a way to apply what you don't like to what you do - sometimes, you'll find that what you don't like is actually likeable, because it helps you to achieve that which you truely like, pursue, and understand (from an electronics perspective - the Arduino has helped introduce electronics and microcontrollers to a whole host of artists in many disciplines who before either didn't or couldn't understand electronics and such; but now these same artists have helped to make this platform a joy to use for so many others, and has changed their own minds and art).

Now perhaps what you really enjoy won't fit with your current studies - that's OK. If you can, try to change your studies - I realize (as you've stated) that your parents "forced you into this". Just know that they aren't the ones who will have to live with this decision - one day, they will be dead - and you may or will still be hating what they forced you into - is that really the position you want to be in after they are gone and you are on your own fully?

You can always change your mind, change your life, change your outlook - but the sooner you do it, the better (and longer) you will get to enjoy it; after all, life is here to be enjoyed - you only get this one chance.

no yaar....no!i can change my attitude..but i cant change my parents attitude....i love my parents more than me....i want to achieve atleast for them....what is my next step....brother pls tell me where i want to begin to understand about electronics..

no yaar....no!i can change my attitude..but i cant change my parents attitude....

No - you can't change another's attitude toward life, but neither should you have to be the proxy for their vicarious achievements. Down that road lies grief, my friend, unless you share their same wants and needs. Since you stated "i hated my course while selecting...my parents forced me 2 join that course", that doesn't sound to me li
ke you are doing something that will benefit your sense of achievement, but only theirs.

i love my parents more than me....i want to achieve atleast for them....

...and what happens when they pass on? Will you go to the grave with them? Will you throw yourself onto their funeral pyre? Yes, you should strive to be the best you can be; your parents, on the other hand, should support you in your decisions - whether they are right or wrong, simply because they are your decisions as an adult (or soon to be adult). They should respect them, but be there for you to help guide you, and perhaps to cushion the blow (but not absorb it completely) should you fail. For failure, too, is a learning experience - indeed, it may be one of the best.

what is my next step....brother pls tell me where i want to begin to understand about electronics..

If this is your decision (and I implore you to think strongly on this - it must be your decision entirely - even if you know or think it is wrong in your mind, but that you are doing it of your free will for your parents and damn the future consequences to your well being as a person - which can be a decision you can make; I won't - I can't - stop you), then I will give you the advice I give other beginners:

1) Find and purchase copy of Grob's Basic Electronics - this book is essentially an EE101 college-level textbook; you should have a good grasp on algebra (at a minimum) to understand it. As a textbook, for a new edition (I think it is on the 10th edition right now) it is very expensive ($100.00+ USD) - however, if you can't afford that, an older and used edition will serve you quite well, and can be found online or via other sources for a fraction of the cost of a new edition.

2) Find and purchase copies of Forrest M. Mims III's (http://www.forrestmims.org/) "Engineer's Mini-Notebooks" series; these aren't textbooks, so they won't be as expensive, but they have a wealth of information that will be useful as you learn.

3) Visit and read this site: http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/ - it's UK centric, but still contains very valuable information and tutorials for the beginner.

4) Make judicious use of these forums here at Electro-Tech; many questions and answers have been submitted here on a wide range of subjects...

5) Google, as always, is your friend - use it to search for answers and help, of course - but on a different note, check out back-issues of Popular Science and Popular Mechanics on Google Books; there's a wealth of information in those magazines as well (search for issues published pre-1980 or thereabouts). Some of it may or may not not be relevant to today's world, but it still might serve to pique your interest, or answer a question you couldn't find the answer to elsewhere. Also note that there are some older (some "ancient") books on electronics and electrical theory on there, they might be helpful as well (just be aware of context and publication dates - as some things discussed may or may not be possible to find anymore).

6) Check out other sites like the Internet Archive, as well as Library of Congress holdings; you may also research what your own country provides - in fact, don't be hesitant to visit and obtain books from libraries or used book sellers - sometimes a wealth of information can only be found in dead-tree sources.

Good luck with your studies.

brother day after 2morrow i have exam ....thats my last exam....then 1 month holiday....i planned to thorough all the basics in electricals....within 2 yrs i want to create my own project....this is my short term aim....

Anyone pls solve my problem..

I doubt anyone could. I think I understand you but the first steps to solve it should be from you.

Buena suerte.

i cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pls help!!!!!!!
First of all, just cut the histrionics.
It wont cut any custard on this site.
i wasted nearly 5 - 6 months without studying
Well whos fault is that?
day after 2morrow i have exam
Start writing proper English with correct spelling grammar and punctuation, not the sort of pseudo text speak gibberish so beloved of "failed before they even start", Indian students.

Just suck it up, draw a line under it and move on.
If you dont have the ability to learn the technical stuff, get yourself a job driving a tuk tuk.

JimB

First of all, just cut the histrionics.
It wont cut any custard on this site.

Well whos fault is that?

Start writing proper English with correct spelling grammar and punctuation, not the sort of pseudo text speak gibberish so beloved of "failed before they even start", Indian students.

Just suck it up, draw a line under it and move on.
If you dont have the ability to learn the technical stuff, get yourself a job driving a tuk tuk.

JimB

hmmmm!!! scolding!!!!
i am already in trouble....pls dont see my language....its not my first language to speak fluent.....am trying to improve my vocabulary skills

i understand your issue
like Computers etc is only a liking. perhaps you have also to gauge the demand by the time you come out of college. if there is slump in demand for computer oriented jobs. subject wise all are tough. don't expect a cakewalk in computer side. it demands a hard work as much as electrical and electronics
now please understand, at any time you can learn computers and related subjects, i know of persons of unrelated fields, who later learn computers and software for their professional needs.
you suffer.

electrical and electronics if you work hard and try to develop interest, it makes you a strong person in the field.
later in life, in a 1 year time you can learn computer based subjects as anyway you have liking for them.
Perhaps your parents, i hope they are well educated and in services, have , i feel have understood this phenomenon and suggested you ,what you are studying now. yes, i know that your mind is fighting to go back to what you like. beleive , a strong person in electrical and electronics would succeed well and adding computer knowledge --already a subject in this course too-- would strengthen you.

it is for you to study need based edu , or like based edu. hope you wont mind to red thro and think cool on this.
later after a five to 6 year period and , perhaps with a m. tech added , you recollect this post and many advises given by eminent persons across the world.

All the best.

No matter what disciple you study, there will always be "those courses". What did "Dynamics" have to do with Electrical Engineering. Or how about Intro to Feminest Theory?

No matter what, after that second year, schools spread out the herbicide to try to "kill" (cause students to drop out). Be wary of that.

I took LISP (Programming Language) as a Computer Science course. Recursion at it's finest. Although fun, me and one other partner had to emulate an instruction set and write an Operating system. Everyone else had groups of 4 or 5. It was my FIRST C program. Compiler writing is another bad one. I absoluely loved Computer Archetecture.

Get the piece of paper. Learn to learn on your own. You'll be doing it for the rest of your life.

Last edited:
brother i am not such a rich to purchase those books.....is this site enough to understand basics...
www.kpsec.freeuk.com/

That site can get you started, but as soon as possible, you really should look into at least finding an old copy of Grob's Basic Electronics. I am pretty certain the edition I have (which I got from a technical school here in Phoenix back in 1991 - I believe its a fourth edition) would only run you around $10.00 USD maximum (I wouldn't pay much more for it). Now, I understand that even this sum may be beyond you or your parent's means at this time (I don't know your situation, so forgive me for my assumptions), but, by saving a little at a time, it should be possible to get a copy. It will be far more useful for you in the long run to have such a book. The internet is fine and everything, but it isn't as organized toward teaching electronics and electronic/electrical theory; while you could probably find everything you need, it wouldn't be presented in the logical step-by-step order as found in Grob's (complete with end-chapter quizes and such - it's a textbook, after all).

No matter what disciple you study, there will always be "those courses". What did "Dynamics" have to do with Electrical Engineering. Or how about Intro to Feminest Theory?

Or any of a number of subjects, right? It's called being "well rounded"; personally I think given the amount of misogyny and racism I see on various forums and sites on the internet (not to mention in mainstream media, especially coming from people and groups who supposedly espouse "forgiveness" and "love" - hypocrites), "Intro to Feminist Theory" and a whole host of other studies (especially those relating to critical thinking, reasoning, and logic) should be required studies well before college, if not before "high school".

Get the piece of paper. Learn to learn on your own. You'll be doing it for the rest of your life.

This, though, I wholeheartedly agree with.

I'd rather see an Ethics course considering all of the world's troubles: Japan; The Gulf spill; The collapse of the financial system; Bernie Madoff and any number of CEO's and politicians. Here, the politicians can't even follow the law. What do they do --- resign.

I'd rather see an Ethics course considering all of the world's troubles: Japan; The Gulf spill; The collapse of the financial system; Bernie Madoff and any number of CEO's and politicians. Here, the politicians can't even follow the law. What do they do --- resign.

I can't disagree with that, either. It does make you wonder, though...I (and I am sure many others, but I can only speak for myself) have never taken an ethics course, yet I try to be as ethical as possible on any given day. So why does it seem like such a difficult issue for others...?

To a certain extent, religion and other forms of "woo" can allow for a whole host of unethical practices - but so can pure rationality and logic. Neither has a claim to being the single foundation of ethics and morals. So what causes some to be ethical and moral, and others not?

<tongue-in-cheek>Maybe what we should do is start administering the PCL-R in a more general fashion...?</tongue-in-cheek>

That site can get you started, but as soon as possible, you really should look into at least finding an old copy of Grob's Basic Electronics. I am pretty certain the edition I have (which I got from a technical school here in Phoenix back in 1991 - I believe its a fourth edition) would only run you around $10.00 USD maximum (I wouldn't pay much more for it). Now, I understand that even this sum may be beyond you or your parent's means at this time (I don't know your situation, so forgive me for my assumptions), but, by saving a little at a time, it should be possible to get a copy. It will be far more useful for you in the long run to have such a book. The internet is fine and everything, but it isn't as organized toward teaching electronics and electronic/electrical theory; while you could probably find everything you need, it wouldn't be presented in the logical step-by-step order as found in Grob's (complete with end-chapter quizes and such - it's a textbook, after all).

Ok brother i am going to buy that book..can i get it in Indian markets..or by e-shopping??

Ok brother i am going to buy that book..can i get it in Indian markets..or by e-shopping??

I don't know if it would be available in the "Indian markets", as I have no experience there; you could definitely purchase the new edition through any large new book retailer (I'm not sure who that would be in the Indian market, though), but for a used, older edition - you're best luck would be had thru places like Amazon.com, Alibris.com, AbeBooks.com and the like. If there are any well-known larger used book retailers in your area or country, you might be able to speak with them to help you locate an older edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back