Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am new here, an introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Warner

Hello all,

My name is Bob Warner. I am a knife maker and fabricator. I build a lot of things like tools and machines to use in knife making and fabrication projects.

I am not well versed in electronics and that is why I am here. I have a project that I want to do and it will require some electronics that are well above (not very hard to do) my knowledge level. Therefore I searched the web for those that know electronics and I landed here.

I will most likely be asking a lot of questions after searching the forums for what I am looking for. I believe this forum will be a constant source of information for me.

Thanks to everyone here in advance for the assistance I am sure I will be asking for in the future.

Hopefully there is a bit of knowledge that I can share that can help someone here.

Bob

You'll never know till you ask! I work in light industry so I have a great respect for anyone that actually 'makes' anything, even though by trade I'm a 'half breed' (We do basic Zinc and Nickle electroplating at my work) Technically we build up material on a part, but on the order of tens of microns or couple of tenths of a mil. Different worlds.
For best possible reference to everyone here it's a good idea to give as much info about your knowledge as you can, obviously especially as far as electronics go. The more words and real information you provide (unlike my somewhat wanting posts of extreme ranting somewhat similar to this one) the better the responses you'll get will be.

Welcome, and I honestly hope we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back