Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am always confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Maybe my level of comprehension is low, but so often I read a post and feel utterly confused. I see post like;
"I need an IR device to trip a laser which toggles a 555 to measure the flow rate of my music from my MP3 device.

I just shake my head thinking What!!!

Wierd part is someone else will post with an answer as though they understand. Then I feel dimwitted.

Where do I go to to order my official Electro Tech forum secret decoder ring?

Last edited:
hi Mike,

Some posts are like recipes for making a Russian meat stew.
You just have to pick out the meaty bits.:rolleyes:

Maybe my level of comprehension is low, but so often I read a post and feel utterly confused. I see post like;
"I need an IR device to trip a laser which toggles a 555 to measure the flow rate of my music from my MP3 device.

I just shake my head thinking What!!!

Wierd part is someone else will post with an answer as though they understand. Then I feel dimwitted.

Where do I go to to order my official Electro Tech forum decoder ring?

I just tend to just shake my head and ignore their questions. On one hand it's not absolutely impossible to do what many are asking about, so to tell them it can't be done just generates tons of posts from others about how they would approach it, etc, when in fact it's a bad idea from the start and should just be ignored IMO ;)

Lefty

Last edited:
hi Mike,

Some posts are like recipes for making a Russian meat stew.
You just have to pick out the meaty bits.:rolleyes:

What if your a vegetarian? :rolleyes:

My Russian is not to good either...
:D

What if your a vegetarian? :rolleyes:

My Russian is not to good either...
:D

In that case, waste not, want not, put the meaty bits on my plate.

Lefty's got the right approach, ignore it and move on.:)

But I still need the circuit to build my secret decoder ring :)

Surely Batman uses this forum to get all his wonderful toys...

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

I'm as mystified as you by a lot of the posts. "I have a doubt with thermistors. Can anybody have the knowledge of NPN vs. semiconductors?"

I'm all like, WTF?

And then somebody ANSWERS the question!

And I'm still like, WTF?

**broken link removed**

I'm as mystified as you by a lot of the posts. "I have a doubt with thermistors. Can anybody have the knowledge of NPN vs. semiconductors?"

I'm all like, WTF?

And then somebody ANSWERS the question!

And I'm still like, WTF?

WTF I want to know is: why did your decoder pic originally show as a red X when I opened this thread, showed up in all its glory when I hit quote to reply, and will probably appear as normal as soon as I post this?

EDIT: Yep, it sure did. I must have some filter set that shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Dunno. One thing that bugs me about Electro-Tech-Online is that it throws out images you upload after a few days, yet things like this - hotlinked off a different domain - stay up for ages.

Really ought to be the other way around, images you upload here should be more reliable on this board than things linked in from other sites.

Dunno. One thing that bugs me about Electro-Tech-Online is that it throws out images you upload after a few days, yet things like this - hotlinked off a different domain - stay up for ages.

Really ought to be the other way around, images you upload here should be more reliable on this board than things linked in from other sites.

Really? I thought the attached images stayed here all the time. That was the whole point of Nigels continuing 'no external image hotlinking' rants.

I haven't seen any attached images in old threads that have been removed.

If you need a decoder ring for most of the questions posted on these forums, then what are you going to use on a real doozie like this one:

What is the recommended viscosity of blinker fluid for use in geographically colder regions?

Last edited:
Ask me a stupid question I will give you a stupid answer! :D

I do agree with all of this.
I have been reading the older theads and as far back as I have gone there is about 1 in 10 or so thats some dumbass wanting to know how to build a homemade something or other when a factory made device that is far cheaper and more efficient is available. :confused:

How many " how do I build a "DC to AC inverter" threads are there one this site now?
A bunch! :eek:
And how many threads are there related to " how do I get good power from my cheap ass, worn out, undersized, dead battery?"
GET NEW ONES DUMBASS! :)

And how many have posted at least a half dozen times (or more!) to those individual threads offering ways to do it with some type of switching control IC of some sort? :p

I just point out obvious real life devices and tell them how much they cost but little else? :)

And why does some one always have to bring up line harmonics at every AC related post? Read my Blog/rant for more info on that. :D

:mad: I didnt sleep well, I am a bit grouchy this morning. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back