Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am a newcomer to the name conversion industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyDoggy

Hello everyone,

I resigned a few months ago and transfer the industry. I have already learned the basics of circuit, 8051 microcontroller, I contact proteus a few days ago, and now I am using it to make PCB. I am currently blocked on the schematic.
I want DIY a learning board, it will include: AT89C51,LM044L(LCD)、DS18B20(Temperature Sensor)、MATRIX-8X8-ORANGE(LEC) and LED.

But I am not making a circuit diagram to replace the LM044L with components. It has no circuit components and there is no voltage in the description. Should I choose a component with voltage to replace it?
1572097889917.png

Last edited:
After I watched some threads, I got some inspiration. My question needs to watch the IC's data sheet. Is that true? My proteus can't download, I'm trying GOOGLE.

Hi,
For such as a display, which is not actually part of the circuit board, you just use an appropriate connector - whatever the display will connect to when the overall project is assembled.

For the LM044L, an 14 way single-in-line connector pattern looks to be suitable.
That will then have wires, a socket or ridgid pins that connect with the display module.

Pin2, VDD, should be supplied with +5V. VSS is Pin1, grounded (0V) as you have it.

See page 72 of this data sheet for the LM044 information:

Pin2, VDD, should be supplied with +5V. VSS is Pin1, grounded (0V) as you have it.
Hi rjenkinsgb,

Thank you for help.I changed it according to your suggestion, I used 02013A100JAT2A, I made DEBUG, they all turned blue, this should be successful.
But I don't understand why use +5V instead of +3V or +10V?

1572107014220.png

But I don't understand why use +5V instead of +3V or +10V?

Because the makers designed it to operate on a 5V supply.

5V was generally the standard voltage for logic devices over several decades, until 3.3V was introduced.
A lot of stuff, eg. 74 series TTL / LSTTL / 74HC and many microprocessors & memory devices, use the 5V standard. Some newer ones will work on either 5V or 3.3V, or some are 3.3V only

Your AT89C51 is also a 5V device, requiring the 5V supply on pin 40 and 0V on pin 20.

Edit - Note that you need a 10K preset resistor to set the bias voltage on pin 3 of the LCD. The ends connect to 0V and 5V, the wiper to pin 3 (Vo). See page 73 of that data sheet for more info.

You had it in the first drawing, but with the connections to pins 2 & 3 swapped.

Last edited:
The 8051 has a weird way of port pin direction control... Or should I say.. Not a very good one.
If you check out all my tutorials on this device... I have 5 tutorials using the humble 8051 with Proteus... Enough to get you up and running

The first is here.. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/articles/basic-8051-tutorial-1.667/
Select from here.. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/articles/authors/ian-rogers.163748/

Both assembly and C... The C is written with SDCC but easy to convert to any other..

几十年来,通常将5V作为逻辑器件的标准电压,直到引入3.3V。
A lot of stuff, eg. 74 series TTL / LSTTL / 74HC and many microprocessors & memory devices, use the 5V standard. Some newer ones will work on either 5V or 3.3V, or some are 3.3V only

You had it in the first drawing, but with the connections to pins 2 & 3 swapped.
i understood,i don't have this information in my book.This is very helpful to me, thank you;)

The 8051 has a weird way of port pin direction control... Or should I say.. Not a very good one.
If you check out all my tutorials on this device... I have 5 tutorials using the humble 8051 with Proteus... Enough to get you up and running
thank you , i am browsing .The micro-controller in my textbook started from 8051, and this book was in 2007. So is the 8051 obsolete now? Or should I learn ARM?

So is the 8051 obsolete now? Or should I learn ARM?

A lot of its descendants are still in use.

Which to learn or use depends on what you are trying to do?

ARM CPUs/MCUs are now exclusively in surface-mount packages, from what I can find. That means you have to buy a PCB module with the CPU etc. attached, such as a Raspberry Pi.

PIC MCUs are also available as conventional dual in line ICs, so if you want to build around an IC rather than a board, they are a good choice.

We presently use the DSPIC33 series on a few designs, though we used a lot of the older, smaller ones in the past.
eg. the DSPIC33EP256MC502 is a 28 pin device with 32K RAM and 256K Flash memory for program storage.
Plus masses of built-in peripherals & 70 MHz clock speed, for something like 5.00 or less.

Or there are things such as ESP8266 / "NodeMCU" and similar, which have a fast processor and a WiFi interface, on a tiny PCB module. I've not used those yet but they are very popular with some other users in here.

thank you , i am browsing .The micro-controller in my textbook started from 8051, and this book was in 2007. So is the 8051 obsolete now? Or should I learn ARM?
This device is still being produced... Atmel( now microchip ) do one or two.. Most have bootloaders to make programming easy. But you're still faced with low pin current and the primitive pin direction control..

I use, mainly, Pic's. They are all much of a muchness nowadays Hard to choose between them... I have been playing with the latest "kick ass" Teensy 3.6, which I believe the 4.0 is out.. Marvelous bit of kit...

Your choice is practically endless...

A lot of its descendants are still in use.

Which to learn or use depends on what you are trying to do?

The book I am buying now uses the 8051. In the future, I hope to be able to do some smart home devices and hope to combine 5G, but now I still need to add a lot.

So I am just perfecting my knowledge and hands-on on microcontrollers.

I use, mainly, Pic's. They are all much of a muchness nowadays Hard to choose between them... I have been playing with the latest "kick ass" Teensy 3.6, which I believe the 4.0 is out.. Marvelous bit of kit...
Your choice is practically endless...

I think this should be after I completely control them.:D

1572231070632.png

For LCD, VSS/UCC is +5V,VEE is -5V. POWER is 5V, and is working.
For LED, i use MATRIX 5X7 , double. I want to connected use dynamic display(P2 control Public port) , but its seem like a little problem ——
There is a problem with the display effect. It seems that my link has a problem, but I see the data table and there is no dynamic link method.
1572231399746.png
1572231447439.png

I am very clear that such a link method is very resource intensive and not conducive to expansion, and it will not be used at all in real-world applications, so I have not learned this method.

Attachments

• 1572230983792.png
    1572230983792.png
    796.6 KB · Views: 241
If this is you're goal then the ESP8266 is probably a good starting place. A **broken link removed** can be had for less than $5. There are many tutorials I.E. This one.

Mike.
Thanks, Mike.

I am still a beginner. I only learned DC circuits. I didn't learn AC circuits. I can't understand many circuit schematics. I have time, when I understand everything, I think, Wemos Mini will be my choice.

Happy Wang

If you need two 7x5 displays then the diagram with the ULN2003 can be used, just add a second ULN for the second set of columns and connect to P2 instead of P3.

Mike.

If you need two 7x5 displays then the diagram with the ULN2003 can be used, just add a second ULN for the second set of columns and connect to P2 instead of P3.

Mike.
df.jpg

asda.jpg

They are my book 's image.
It uses two triodes to increase the current. There is no controller added. There is only a glowing program code in the book and why the dynamic display is used, but it does not tell me how to set up the circuit to achieve this effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back