Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I´d like to do myself a PCB for a printer 3D RepRap. I need guidance please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnulfo

Greetings to everyone. It is a pleasure and an honor to be part of this community.

I'ma person who loves electronics, although I haven´t much knowledge.

I would like to make a PCB for a RepRap 3D printer that controls it perfectly,
in order to learn as much as possible.
The concept is the acronym DIY (do it yourself).

If any of you would be so kind to give me advice guidance on that, i would be gratefull :

- What is the best choice easier for what I want? (I have no experience with PCB').

- How I can become the complete kit (including software and tools as multimeter welder ect ect ....).

- Can you give me an estimate about how much can cost me everything?.

Best wishes to everybody :).

If you haven't much electronics knowledge/experience I think you would be advised to develop your skills first with a much simpler project.
Start by googling for tutorials on pcb making, soldering, stepper motor control and programming microcontrollers. Get those mastered first. You will also need good diy engineering skills.
As for cost, that could be anywhere from $tens to $thousands, depending on whether you source new or used components or build them yourself.

Last edited:
Thank you very much alec_t.
In fact i have some theoretical knowlodges on electronic and some practical experience,however i haven´t any practical experience on PCB´s.
i would like do it anyway.
Nevertheless, thank you very much again for your attention alec_t :).

Hi arnulfo,

by your wording I suspect you must be German. :)

- How I can become the complete kit (including software and tools as multimeter welder ect ect ....).

Here are my suggestions for you:

- Download Eagle (latest version) at htpp://www.cadsoft.de

- Get familiar with the software. It allows DIN-A4 schematics and 100X80mm (two layer) PCB designs.

- Print the PCB using any available (and connected) Printer.

Once you're done post the result as an image in the forum. Further assistance will be supplied.

Regards

Boncuk

Hi arnulfo,

by your wording I suspect you must be German. :)

Here are my suggestions for you:

- Download Eagle (latest version) at htpp://www.cadsoft.de

- Get familiar with the software. It allows DIN-A4 schematics and 100X80mm (two layer) PCB designs.

- Print the PCB using any available (and connected) Printer.

Once you're done post the result as an image in the forum. Further assistance will be supplied.

Regards

Boncuk

Hallo Boncuk.

Hahaha it is fun that you said about my wording. You were completly right my native language is not english. I am spaniard but i lived in that great country (Germany).

Thank you very much for the suggestions and attention Boncuk.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back