Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hyperfet Mosfet By IXYS (IXFN170N25X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I want to use Hyper fet MOSFET by IXYS IXFN170N25X3.
So I wanted to ask reviews about this FET. Has anyone used this before. I awant to use this for its low Rds(on)( I have large current to handle so I want to reduce the conduction losses), I have read the datasheet and so far it seems ok. But since lots of screws are there would there be problem of inductances. or any other problems. Basically I want to know the disadvantage of using this FET.Please help.

I think you can make 4 holes in the PCB and run screws through the PCB into the MOSFET.
60 amp traces are not easy. Last time I used a 4 layer board and had the current on all 4 layers.

I think you can make 4 holes in the PCB and run screws through the PCB into the MOSFET.
60 amp traces are not easy. Last time I used a 4 layer board and had the current on all 4 layers.

I have some similar mosfets that are from a welder, they used wires with ring terminals instead of mounting to a PCB.

Hello. I want to use Hyper fet MOSFET by IXYS IXFN170N25X3.
So I wanted to ask reviews about this FET. Has anyone used this before. I awant to use this for its low Rds(on)( I have large current to handle so I want to reduce the conduction losses), I have read the datasheet and so far it seems ok. But since lots of screws are there would there be problem of inductances. or any other problems. Basically I want to know the disadvantage of using this FET.Please help.
The disadvantage is the expensive packaging and higher than necessary gate capacitance (more switching loss).

You can get FETS with lower Rdson (<1mohm) in a cheaper PCB-compatible format.

How much current are you passing?

Last edited:
The disadvantage is the expensive packaging and higher than necessary gate capacitance (more switching loss).

You can get FETS with lower Rdson (<1mohm) in a cheaper PCB-compatible format.

How much current are you passing?
For Vdss 250Volt I am not getting Rds Lesser than 4 mohm

For Vdss 250Volt I am not getting Rds Lesser than 4 mohm
On another thread you said the input supply is 30 volts. You said full bridge.
I think you can use 50 volt mosfets. This will help the Rds.
----edited----
STL90N6F7 60V 90A 4m ohm Much faster.
TPH1R005PL 45V 150A 0.8m ohms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back