Hyperfet Mosfet By IXYS (IXFN170N25X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I want to use Hyper fet MOSFET by IXYS IXFN170N25X3.
So I wanted to ask reviews about this FET. Has anyone used this before. I awant to use this for its low Rds(on)( I have large current to handle so I want to reduce the conduction losses), I have read the datasheet and so far it seems ok. But since lots of screws are there would there be problem of inductances. or any other problems. Basically I want to know the disadvantage of using this FET.Please help.

I think you can make 4 holes in the PCB and run screws through the PCB into the MOSFET.
60 amp traces are not easy. Last time I used a 4 layer board and had the current on all 4 layers.

I think you can make 4 holes in the PCB and run screws through the PCB into the MOSFET.
60 amp traces are not easy. Last time I used a 4 layer board and had the current on all 4 layers.

I have some similar mosfets that are from a welder, they used wires with ring terminals instead of mounting to a PCB.

The disadvantage is the expensive packaging and higher than necessary gate capacitance (more switching loss).

You can get FETS with lower Rdson (<1mohm) in a cheaper PCB-compatible format.

How much current are you passing?

Last edited:
The disadvantage is the expensive packaging and higher than necessary gate capacitance (more switching loss).

You can get FETS with lower Rdson (<1mohm) in a cheaper PCB-compatible format.

How much current are you passing?
For Vdss 250Volt I am not getting Rds Lesser than 4 mohm

For Vdss 250Volt I am not getting Rds Lesser than 4 mohm
On another thread you said the input supply is 30 volts. You said full bridge.
I think you can use 50 volt mosfets. This will help the Rds.
----edited----
STL90N6F7 60V 90A 4m ohm Much faster.
TPH1R005PL 45V 150A 0.8m ohms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…