Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HV9910B can be a linear regulator for vin=8-100V, vout =7.5V, 4mA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,

I wish to design a linear regulator which can provide a 7.5V output, with maximum output current being 4mA.

The input voltage is between 8V-100V.

Can the HV9910B do this job?.....surely it will provide my required output from its VDD pin if i connect the Vin pin to the mentioned input voltage?

HV9910B datasheet:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/04/HV9910B.pdf

(On page 3 of the HV9910B datasheet it says that "Iin,max" is 5mA when Vin = 8V.
Surely this means that as long as Vin is above 8V, it can supply 5mA from its VDD pin?
Presumably, if Vin is greater than 8V, then the Vdd pin can supply more than 5mA? )

Can the HV9910B do this job?
From the datasheet it looks as though you could maybe just manage it. Assuming no external FET is connected the IC internals should be drawing 1mA. Add on your 4mA load and you're right on the limit at which the IC goes into under-voltage lockdown at Vin = 8V.
Presumably, if Vin is greater than 8V, then the Vdd pin can supply more than 5mA?
Possibly. I can't see any figures to support that. Depends how the internal reference circuit operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back