Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HV Piezo driver w/ DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intra

Hi,

I'm having an issue on how to think about designing a high voltage Piezo driver. My specs are as follows:

- Bandwidth of DC-10kHz
- Output voltage swing of +-250V

Now, I have the necessary DC rails with adequate current output capability. I also have some HV BJTs (NPNs and PNPs) with V_CE ratings of atleast +-500V.

The problem I have is that I want be able just apply a DC offset to the sinusoid if desired (through a pot, let's say). I've been looking at doing some simple common-emitter amp configurations with a push pull follower and an op-amp to minimize cross-over distortion and keep things clean.

My plan is to input the signal into the op-amp and ideally have the DC offset come in through this path as well. However, I'm finding it very difficult to maintain the DC offset (which is amplified) from a CE amp configuration.

Does any body have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back