Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hv anyone built the OSHONSOFT Intelligent NiCd/NiMH Charger/Cycler with 2x16 Ch. Disp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to study one such item. Thanks to Pasanlaksiri. I am reminded of a radio design by Siemens called "Radio receiver with component maximum"
Processor controlled Chargers are always welcome.
Any way, if the battery would have been Li-ion, it might call for tighter charge control and such complex controll would be purposeful..
But when these Ni-cd and Ni-Mh could be charged on Constant current basis and manage well- should we go for one such?

mvs sarma said:
Nice to study one such item. Thanks to Pasanlaksiri. I am reminded of a radio design by Siemens called "Radio receiver with component maximum"
Processor controlled Chargers are always welcome.
Any way, if the battery would have been Li-ion, it might call for tighter charge control and such complex controll would be purposeful..
But when these Ni-cd and Ni-Mh could be charged on Constant current basis and manage well- should we go for one such?

Hi is that memory efect thingy is a myth or truth. Coz some guy said it is a myth.

There are mixed comments on this subject- nothing is solidified as on date.

similar are general cases like vitamin C reduces cold.\- cofee is dangerous to heart - some times it helps heart.

charging possibility of dry cells- many people beleive this.

let us have our own observations.

Practically we can't manage a battery unrtill it completely discharges and then only charge? such is a case we can'r run our electronic sysytems.

pasanlaksiri said:
Hi is that memory efect thingy is a myth or truth. Coz some guy said it is a myth.

No it's not a myth, NiCd's are rerally pretty poor things, mostly because of poor chargers - hopefully a well specified charger like above would extend NiCd life considerably.

As for mvs sarma

mvs sarma said:

Presumably the design above uses constant current charging?, but doing so without dv/dt detection or over temperature detection, is just going to ruin the NiCd's.

blueroomelectronics said:
The design does not appear to have a cell temperature sensor. Odd omission for such a complex design.

Not really, a cell temperature sensor is really only suitable for batteries permanently built in to something - not standalone batteries.

3v0 said:
It sounds useful. Why is it not suitable? Are you thinking it would be difficult to sense the temperature of removable cells ?

Perhaps you consider taping a temperature sensor to each cell every time you want to charge it a reasonable procedure?, but I certainly don't! :p

All the problem comes in when FAST charging occurs. Unless you charge at a TRICKLE charge something like 10% rate no need to worry at all.

The interesting part is to change the jumper according to the number of cells.
Very useful when charging multiple cells at once.

But I want to verify can this circuit control the charging current?

Anyway thanks for sharing

Gayan Soyza said:
All the problem comes in when FAST charging occurs. Unless you charge at a TRICKLE charge something like 10% rate no need to worry at all.

The interesting part is to change the jumper according to the number of cells.
Very useful when charging multiple cells at once.

But I want to verify can this circuit control the charging current?

Anyway thanks for sharing

Oh boy. I cant wait that longer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back