Hv anyone built the OSHONSOFT Intelligent NiCd/NiMH Charger/Cycler with 2x16 Ch. Disp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to study one such item. Thanks to Pasanlaksiri. I am reminded of a radio design by Siemens called "Radio receiver with component maximum"
Processor controlled Chargers are always welcome.
Any way, if the battery would have been Li-ion, it might call for tighter charge control and such complex controll would be purposeful..
But when these Ni-cd and Ni-Mh could be charged on Constant current basis and manage well- should we go for one such?

Hi is that memory efect thingy is a myth or truth. Coz some guy said it is a myth.

There are mixed comments on this subject- nothing is solidified as on date.

similar are general cases like vitamin C reduces cold.\- cofee is dangerous to heart - some times it helps heart.

charging possibility of dry cells- many people beleive this.

let us have our own observations.

Practically we can't manage a battery unrtill it completely discharges and then only charge? such is a case we can'r run our electronic sysytems.

pasanlaksiri said:
Hi is that memory efect thingy is a myth or truth. Coz some guy said it is a myth.

No it's not a myth, NiCd's are rerally pretty poor things, mostly because of poor chargers - hopefully a well specified charger like above would extend NiCd life considerably.

As for mvs sarma

mvs sarma said:
But when these Ni-cd and Ni-Mh could be charged on Constant current basis and manage well- should we go for one such?

Presumably the design above uses constant current charging?, but doing so without dv/dt detection or over temperature detection, is just going to ruin the NiCd's.

blueroomelectronics said:
The design does not appear to have a cell temperature sensor. Odd omission for such a complex design.

Not really, a cell temperature sensor is really only suitable for batteries permanently built in to something - not standalone batteries.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Not really, a cell temperature sensor is really only suitable for batteries permanently built in to something - not standalone batteries.

It sounds useful. Why is it not suitable? Are you thinking it would be difficult to sense the temperature of removable cells ?

3v0 said:
It sounds useful. Why is it not suitable? Are you thinking it would be difficult to sense the temperature of removable cells ?

Perhaps you consider taping a temperature sensor to each cell every time you want to charge it a reasonable procedure?, but I certainly don't!

All the problem comes in when FAST charging occurs. Unless you charge at a TRICKLE charge something like 10% rate no need to worry at all.

The interesting part is to change the jumper according to the number of cells.
Very useful when charging multiple cells at once.

But I want to verify can this circuit control the charging current?

Anyway thanks for sharing

Oh boy. I cant wait that longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…