Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hunting for a source of cheap analogue panel meters in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawny

Hello. I know this sort of question has most likely been over asked but does anyone know a source for cheap analogue panel meters, the kind I’m looking for are the kind used in electronic kits or as vu meters. The ones at Jaycar are out as are the ones at DSE, Altronics and the over ones at farnell that seem to be in the $100 range.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to render.

Dawn.

P.S. If nobody knows for Australia how about globally from a company with a good rep...

Can you tell us what is wrong with the Jaycar ones. They're only $8.00, even futurlec are dearer.

Mike.

Well unless I'm totally wrong they are $15.95 each... and I'm not sure with rating like 0-10A or 0-30V that they will be of any use anyway...

Dawn.

Look **broken link removed**. 20μA for $8. If you put "panel meter" in the search box there are lots of different ranges.

Edit, just realised that Jaycar have started putting their prices in US$.

Mike.

Yea... you need to add the .au to the address... **broken link removed**points the right way...

And also don't forget surplus electronics stores which often have quantities of used, new obsolete goods, and end of run products for good prices.

Raymond

Hiya Dawny,
Jaycar are nothing but store front for the likes of coles or woolworths these days for a good cheap DPM checkout this link
https://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=320&osCsid=20af3d3da13458c97a3f38cde9928c60

I've got 4 of them on my solar arrays 1 reads the nife bank @16 volts and I used the DPM isolated power kit also from oatleys, the other 3 I simply put a 1M resistor in series ans a 1.2K resistor in parrallel to read my 24 volt banks.

Too Easy

Cheers Bryan

bryan1: that's a nice looking item but like I said in my first post I'm looking for analogue panel meters not digital...

Thanks anyway.

Dawn.

I think that unless you are looking at commercial quantities then $16 is not a bad price. What sort of quantities are you looking for.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back