Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

huming on my active speaker box

Status
Not open for further replies.

scientist36

i've built stereo active speaker use TDA 2005 bridge amp,with 18 vdc psu from 5 ampere step down transformator,when system on without input there's no huming sound,but when i conect the input from television audio output i heard some huming sound but when i touch the ground input the sound is decrease a little,whats wrong in my design,help me to resolve the problem,i see some home theater that sold in store dont produce huming sound.help me THX

Is the amplifer working otherwise? Does it amplify the signal from the TV as you expect?

If so, it sounds like you have a ground loop. You could remove the safety earth ground connection from your amp power supply (which I assume you have) but that can lead to a dangerous shock condition. Since the amplifier you are using has a differential type input when used in the bridge configuration, a better option is to operate the amp in a differential mode as follows:

Remove the audio input common connection on the input connector from your circuit ground.

Remove the capacitor (C2) ground connection on the second input and connect to the input connector common.

Connect an approximately 1k ohm resistor (value not critical) from this input common to your circuit ground (to avoid a floating input).

That should break up any ground loop.

Last edited:
my power amp is working to amplify input signal from an tv audio output but i heard some huming sound when my power amp get an input from tv,would you show me the schematic for general ground loop elimination,i use pasive tone control,and how about transformer replacement for my circuit.thanks

scientist36 said:
my power amp is working to amplify input signal from an tv audio output but i heard some huming sound when my power amp get an input from tv,would you show me the schematic for general ground loop elimination,i use pasive tone control,and how about transformer replacement for my circuit.thanks
If you can post a schematic for your amplifer and supply I can show you how to do the changes to eliminate the ground loop.

Maybe the TV doesn't have a big enough filter on its power supply for its audio section so it produces the hum. Its speakers are tiny and don't reproduce the hum.

Sorry by the draw quality, this was my solution when I had the same problem

(again, is just a pictoric draw not schematic)

Its not necessary to redesign anything on your TV or amp

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back