Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

humidity sensor HIH-4000 4-20mA current output

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your sensor output range ?

You have an humidity sensor. You also mention temperature sensors and one well known voltage regulator. Can you clarify your own ideas first and them come back with a more clear question?

OK, here's what I need:
humidity sensor with HIH-4000 with current output 4-20mA

I mentioned temp sensor LM35 with current output 4-20mA and it's done with LM317 and it works well, so I mean somebody made something similar for humidity sensor HIH-4000, that's the reason for mentioning LM317...

thanks again ...

also forgot :), HIH-4000 have linear voltage output 0.958V - 4.026V for 0-100% RH humidity

hi,
Do you mean this LM35/LM317 App.??

Does the 4mA to 20mA for the HIH, have to be referenced to 0V.?

Attachments

• AAesp05.gif
    AAesp05.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,688
Last edited:
Exactly that application for LM35/LM317!

HIH-4000 have linear voltage output from 0.958V for 0%RH and 4.026V for 100%RH.

Exactly that application for LM35/LM317!

HIH-4000 have linear voltage output from 0.958V for 0%RH and 4.026V for 100%RH.

hi,
Does the 4mA to 20mA for the HIH, have to be referenced to 0V.?

ie: is the remote sensor resistor connected to ground.?

Hi,

No, zero offset for HIH-4000 is 0.958V and the slope is 30.680mV/%RH.

hi,
I dont mean the HIH, I mean the remote equipment that 'reads' the 4mA to 20mA loop current.

ie: what is the application that the 4 to 20mA is driving into.?

Last edited:
Hi,
PLC Unitronics Jazz, 4-20mA current input, 154ohm input imedance.

hi,
This would work , providing the guitar and V2I converter dont share the same power supply lines/common.

Attachments

• Humid7.gif
    Humid7.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 866
Hi,

Thanks a lot, I'll try it immediately and let you know...

Also, maybe you have solution with LM317, like in PDF for LM35 and here's schematic: LM35 current outp&.jpg
HIH-4000 instead LM35?, but I couldn't find more details about this schematic and I made it and it works well for temperature.

Hi,

It works great!!! :), thank you very very much.

I didn't have CA3240 (instead 2xCA3140) and I used TL072 for test and it works well!

Just one more question about calibration, I mean, how to set output current exactly from 4-20mA, can I replace 250ohm on emitter with trimmer to adjust output current?

Again thanks :)

Hi,

It works great!!! :), thank you very very much.

I didn't have CA3240 (instead 2xCA3140) and I used TL072 for test and it works well!

Just one more question about calibration, I mean, how to set output current exactly from 4-20mA, can I replace 250ohm on emitter with trimmer to adjust output current?

Again thanks :)

hi,
Thats good news,
I would split the fixed 225R into say a 200R fixed and a 100R variable, in that way you will get a finer control of the current.

NOTE: its the 225R which sets the current, the 250R to the emitter is the 'loop resistance'

Last edited:
hi,
Thats good news,
I would split the fixed 225R into say a 200R fixed and a 100R variable, in that way you will get a finer control of the current.

NOTE: its the 225R which sets the current, the 250R to the emitter is the 'loop resistance'

I've done that, but, at the end, I used 56ohm and 50ohm multiturn trimmer to get "real" value and also, I'm planning to go to meteo station to compare results with their RH sensors :)

One more thing, can you, please, tell me in which software you done simulation and can you send me file to try myself? I suppose it will help me to better understand whole circuit.

Again thanks very much :)

I've done that, but, at the end, I used 56ohm and 50ohm multiturn trimmer to get "real" value and also, I'm planning to go to meteo station to compare results with their RH sensors :)

One more thing, can you, please, tell me in which software you done simulation and can you send me file to try myself? I suppose it will help me to better understand whole circuit.

Again thanks very much :)

hi,
Download LTspice, free, from Linear Technology also join the Yahoo LTspice users group.

Attachments

• Humid7..asc
    3.3 KB · Views: 319
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back