Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

humidity monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxscm

..hey guyz,

im tryin to come up with a humidity detector circuit as a project using a stethoscope probe...

brief of the project
design,construct and test a circuit consisting stethoscope probe,o/p signal conditionin circuit with an audio indication if the reference value is exceeded.Circuit should be mains operated.

any one with insight on the above please assist,coz im in some kind of a fix.

thanks

mxscm

The stethoscope is simply a diaphragm connected to tubes that allow transfer of sound to ears. Not sure how that applies to humidity - it would help if you explained that.

I agree with stevez.

You can make one with two temperature sensors. The following uses Dallas 1-Wire temperature sensors but you could use most any temperature sensors in a similar manner

1-wire Wet Bulb Humidity detector system.

Allied carries
Honeywell - HIH-4000-001
Sensor, Humidity, Solderable SIP, +3.5% Accurancy, 15 Second Response Time
642-0448 1:$25.59

hi,
It would be interesting see how a stetho could be used to measure humidity.
I suspect he is referring to a 'modern' version with inbuilt amp and filter???

SENISIRION make a range of very small hum/temp sensors.
SHT 11/15/71/75.. Prices Uk £12 thru £17GBP

Eric

humidity monitor..

gee guyz thanks..
so al skip the part of the stethoscope,say does any one have an idea of the circuitry to be applied that uses the mains,noting the transducers used..

cheers

hi
Extract OP:
brief of the project
design,construct and test a circuit consisting stethoscope probe,o/p signal conditionin circuit with an audio indication if the reference value is exceeded.Circuit should be mains operated.

If this was your initial project spec, where did the stethoscope idea come and why is now not used???

What circuitry, what transducers ??

Why is the mains part so important?

I'm sure there are lots of guys/gals happy to help you, but tell us what you trying to do and don't keep changing the spec.

Eric

ericgibbs,

i am not done with the stethoscope idea yet..it will be much easier to start off with the electronics part of the circuitry..i still am researching on the stethoscope probe..but until someone has an idea on that i think i can look at the other part of the circuit.

i need to know what components i require,mains operated..i mean 110V or 240V,not DC operated.

mxscm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back