Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HT12E encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hihi

hi there,i have a enquiry abt this encoder. This encoder has 8 address lines, what does the address line actually do? wat i think is its juz a form of identification for the decoder to noe. so does it mean tat,i can connect the address lines all to VCC and then connect the decoder address line also to VCC,so both will be '11111111'...or do i have to connect it to ports or juz vcc and gnd? i am really confused abt the connections of the address lines...

I refuse to answer your question (though it would be easy to answer) until you actually write in English. kthxbye.

NleahciM said:
I refuse to answer your question (though it would be easy to answer) until you actually write in English. kthxbye.

Hear hear.

Your not limited to 140 characters here you know! or however many it is on the bloody SMS.

The answer is simple, yet alas, one would not be able to inform one of the answer, should one not be able communicate properly with one another.

now that youve been reproved hihi :lol:

yes, the address lines give you a way to change the code, like the DIP switches on a garage door opener. The encoder and decoder have to be set to the same address in order for the signal to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back