Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HT12e and HT12d

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrard

i am using both encoder and decoder in my project.Encoder is connected to transmitter and receiver module.Receiver is then is connected to the HT12d decoder.

but i dont understand how am i going to connect encoder to receiver circuit.

gerrard said:
i am using both encoder and decoder in my project.Encoder is connected to transmitter and receiver module.Receiver is then is connected to the HT12d decoder.

but i dont understand how am i going to connect encoder to receiver circuit.

You seem a little confused? - the encoder connects to the transmitter, and the decoder connects to the receiver - that's all!.

im sending serial data using RF so the serial data must pass through the encoder HT12e then to the trasmitter and at the receiver side it will pass through the receiver then the decoder HT12d then i will have my data right .
so my question is that how should i connect the decoder and the encoder? i dont know the circuit, knowing that just one line is the input. so please could you help me.

im sending serial data using RF so the serial data must pass through the encoder HT12e then to the trasmitter and at the receiver side it will pass through the receiver then the decoder HT12d then i will have my data right .
so my question is that how should i connect the decoder and the encoder? i dont know the circuit, knowing that just one line is the input. so please could you help me.

That's not what the Holtek chips are for, generate and decode manchester coding directly in your micro-controllers, there's a PIC example in my tutorials. Failing that, check "RF Solutions" who sell a pre-programmed microcontroller which does what you want - from memory it's the RF600

Here is an example using the HT12D for the receiver and the HT12A for the transmitter.

You might get an idea how to connect your devices for proper function

Boncuk

Last edited:
HC12 chip

You don't need this chip to transmit ASCII data. Take a look at radiotronix.com. They have lots of radios to send/receive data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back