Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HT12A HT12D

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Where do i order these from? electronics express doesnt have 'em, allelectronics, newark doesnt have both of them, jameco doesnt . . .

whats the cheapest and fastest? thanx :lol:

Yes, the HT12A does exist, its just very hard to find. I have found it, but i havae not found the HT12A and HT12D together so i dont have to pay SNH for two seperate stores. Looks like that might happen though.

the HT12E is an encoder that is similar to the HT12A but will not work for my purposes.

Attachments

• encoders_123.gif
    encoders_123.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,202
After using the FindChips Website and manually searching five other US sites, I could not find anyone with a HT12A in stock.

Both America II and **broken link removed** have both the HT12E and the HT12D in stock and **broken link removed** was the only vendor that I could find with the HT12A (though no others it seems).

Holtek's official page for that particular encoder/line (HT12A/E) is here - **broken link removed**. Is it the transmission word minimum why you cannot use the E or the additional infrared carrier? (For the sake of being nosey, of course. :) )

Edit: You should be able to order them both (HT12A/D) from the **broken link removed** website (which is actually their North American sales office) or even request them as samples.

Wow teknoir, that was a lot of work to look into all of that, thank you!

Yes, the reason that i cannot use the HT12E is because it can only output one signal: TE, but it has more address pins: A0-A11. The HT12A has 8 address pins: A0-A7, and four signal piins: A8-A11.

Thank you again teknoir, i owe ya one :wink:

I have some minor problem with Holtek encoder HT6014 but your HT12A would probably be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back