Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How would you convert a push button to a remote button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stodouble

Hi,

I placed a certain singing fish toy in the drop ceiling above one of my co-workers desks. I have it rigged to a 25' cable pair back to my desk so that when I touch the two wires together it starts singing various songs.

I'm wondering how I can set this up on a remote button so that I don't have to be at my desk.

I've done some google searches but haven't found what I'm looking for and I do not have an electronics background.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hi,

I placed a certain singing fish toy in the drop ceiling above one of my co-workers desks. I have it rigged to a 25' cable pair back to my desk so that when I touch the two wires together it starts singing various songs.

I'm wondering how I can set this up on a remote button so that I don't have to be at my desk.

I've done some google searches but haven't found what I'm looking for and I do not have an electronics background.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
I don't have a solution as of yet for you, but what your discribing reminds me of a practical jokester where I work. We manufacture security alarm systems which interface to various peripheral devices. One of those are proximity readers. He set up the panel to call a friends house in the event of a card read. He hung the card from the ceiling just outside of the read range of the reader. He then setup a small circulating fan that would blow the card every which way and would register at the reader periodically throughout the night. You can guess what happened. His friend eventually took the phone off the hook.:D

He also did what you are doing, except he lowered a small buzzer down the inside of the wall next to a co-worker and ran it back to his cubicle and would periodically push the buzzer. Because of the barrier, it was muffeled and you couldn't really tell where it was coming from.

Anyway, I just wanted to share and, who knows, it could give you some ideas. But you didn't hear it from me.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back