Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How would I couple the output of an amplifier from an oscillator to an antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilo890

I am using a 1 MHz crystal in a colpitts oscillator circuit. I have no idea how to couple the output into an antenna though.

Why do you want to do that? It's likely illegal.

Definitely illegal, and you could easily find this information on Google if you wanted to.

I was planning on using an antenna that would only broadcast it about 5-20 feet or so. And I have searched Google for an hour, mulling the exact search phrase over and over, and I cannot find anything at all that answers the question exactly. That's why I came to forum.

I'd use solder :D

Ok, capacitively couple it. 1nF should do it from the emitter or collector, source or drain which isn't common.
Inductively coupling, 4 or 5 turns around the ferrite, one side to earth, the other to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back