Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How will this circuit affect the voltage/current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaG

I've built some RF Remote toggled relays to toggle on/off continuous power to a device.

The RF receiver device consumes 50ma with the coil energized. If I wire the RF receiver device I made in parallel with the +Voltage going to the device getting continuous voltage. How will this affect the device I am toggling on/off?

Will it just put an extra 50ma drain on the +voltage wire going to the device getting continuous power? Will I loose voltage at the device?

RaG said:
If I wire the RF receiver device I made in parallel with the +Voltage going to the device getting continuous voltage.
It won't be "in parallel with the + Voltage." It will be in parallel with the receiver, both of which are across the voltage source.
Will it just put an extra 50ma drain on the +voltage wire going to the device getting continuous power? Will I loose voltage at the device?
It will be an extra 50mA drain on the source, not "the +voltage wire."
So long as the source can supply the extra current then the receiver won't be affected. If you are running this off a battery the only such problem will be when it starts to run out of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back