Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How will changing an antenna affect antenna parameters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndon237

If I have a receiver designed for a particular antenna, say quarter wavelength dipole with an impedance of 50 ohms matched 2 the receiver. and i plan to change the antenna, say a pcb antenna...also with an impedance of 50 ohms. How will this change affect my receiver, if i keep the receiver the same as before? and what parameters of the receiver will it affect? Please help. Thanks.

Umm, The recever does not care what 50 ohm antenna is connected to it as long as it is 50 ohms. How ever your rang may be effected.

Thanks for replying. ok... so what parameter of the antenna will alter the range? also are u talkin about just the receiver range or the cumulative range of the whole antenna-receiver sytem?

as long as the antenna is still made so it is resonant at your frequency of interest, it will work...

explain more about what you are trying to do and on what frequency, so that we can give you better answers

Dave

Umm, The recever does not care what 50 ohm antenna is connected to it as long as it is 50 ohms. How ever your rang may be effected.

not true if its no longer resonant at the freq of interest

D

Last edited:
not true if its no longer resonant at the freq of interest

D

Thats what I said in laymans terms.

Its a recever. It does not care what 50 ohm antenna is conected to it, but recepshoin may suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back