Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How we can make this emergency lamp flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

89Panadol

How i can make this emergency lamp flicker..Anyone know....I mean first lamp on,second lamp off,then second lamp on,first lamp off..flicker..Anyone know....

Attachments

• DSC02606.JPG
    DSC02606.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC02607.JPG
    DSC02607.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 684
Hi,

why would you want to make an emergency light flicker?

Emergency lights are normally used if mains electric fails. Making the light flicker will certainly cause panic amongst the people in the room where the light is activated.

You might want to increase the psychological effect by simulating a burning transformer and generate smoke and noise.

I don't really understand why the light should flicker. :confused:

Boncuk

Sounds like he wants it to flash alternately, not "flicker" per se...

Does it have a separate ballast for each tube? If not, you'd have to do quite a bit of modification to it. Otherwise, a flasher circuit w/a 555 timer and a SPDT relay could do it.

His same project is on 3 or 4 websites. There are now about 10 threads about it and he keeps adding stuff to it.

Fluorescent tubes generally don't like to be flickered anyways. Most of the ones you see in shop windows now days are all LED based.

Fluorescent lamps can be made to flicker if an electronic starter unit is used. They turn on and off like a filament type light bulb.

Boncuk

Next he will want the colour of the light to change when the motion detector detects something.

Fluorescent tubes generally don't like to be flickered anyways. Most of the ones you see in shop windows now days are all LED based.

I agree. Use a more appropriate technology. Connect an astable multivibrator IC (555) to an LED bank. Or else use an incadescent, or a xenon bulb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back