Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write AVrdude configuration file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischris

Hi there ,
I have posted thsi question in AVR forum but seems that nobody is using it, so I am posting it here, I am trying to add support for ATmega8U2 in AVRdude and for that I have to edit configuration file of avrdude, I have understood everything about how to do it except for one thing, in avrdude configuration file, for each AVR MCU there is somethign defined as readback_p1 and readback_p2 for EEPROM and FLASH, can anyone tell me what is it ? and how can I findd it in the datasheet of ATmega8U2 ? On edaboard forum I found that it is the hardware ID for the device but, I dont know where to look for it in datasheet , and why it is different for FLASH and EEPROM of the same device ? For ATmega8 the configuration of avrdude goes like this with readback_p1 and readbackp2

EEPROM

readback_p1 = 0xff
readback_p2 =0xff

FLASH

readback_p1 = 0x00
readback_p2 = 0xff

Please anybody explain to me what is this readback ?

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back