Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to work one relay with other relay that work with small voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanish

hai guys i need to connect some lights controlll switch to one relay,but relay acept only less than 5 volt.but my switch is less than 15v .realy with my pc now normally contact and normally open poles.but i cannot conne direct to the poles.so need this light turn on when relay in NC position.
so when relay is noramally closed possition i need another relay get work ,so i can connect wires to the second relay that will work 15volt out put, in put must be one or to volt.any one can help me to solve this problem?or any other way to connect this lights to relay.

Your English is making it hard for me to understand. Could you provide a link to the two relays that you're using and the type of lights you're switching?

Your English is making it hard for me to understand. Could you provide a link to the two relays that you're using and the type of lights you're switching?

I'm as in the dark as you are, Sceadwian; I think the OP is asking how to trigger a larger capacity relay (15V coil?) using a smaller relay being controlled by 5V. Getting specs for all of this would help (I'm assuming the voltages are DC, but until the OP says otherwise, I might be wrong)...

thanks for the reply

RELAY INTEGRATED

NO
LESS THAN 5V LESSTHAN 15 VOLT
NC.................................. TO SWITCH.........(s)..............................(BULB+)

COM...............................TO BULB -VE..............................................(BULB-)

INTEGRATED RELAY IS VERY LOW CURRENT.ITS A CONTACT CLOSURE SWITCH.I NEED TO CONNECT THIS RELAY TO MY LIGHTING CONTROL UNITS.THAT SWITCH IS ON OFF TOUCH BUTTON.IF I CONNECT THIS WIRE TO MY INTEGRATED RELAY MAY BE ITS COUSE DAMAGE RELAY.SO I NEED ONE INTERFACE BETWEEN RELAY AND SWITCH
OR SOME RELAY THAT WILL WORK WITH NORAMALLY CONTACT TERMINAL WITH LOW CURRENT.AND OUT PUT I CAN CONNECT MY LIGHTING SWTCH APROXIMATELY 15 VOLT LINE.
I NEED ONLY SWITCHING NC AND NO TERMINAL

DEAR CROSH U ARE CORRECT,I NEED TO TRIGER 2ND RELAY WITH FIRST ONE,FIRST RELAY IS INTEGRATED WITH SERVER I CANNOT MAKE ANY CHAGES THERE.ONLY ICAN USE THE NC AND NO TERMINAL.ALSO IN DC LIGHING SWITCH.

Last edited:
sanish, there is no relay I have ever seen that is marked less than 5 volts, or less than 10 volts. It's marked for a single specific voltage that it's designed to energize at. You could use a simple transistor to act as a buffer from the first relay to switch the second.

sanish, there is no relay I have ever seen that is marked less than 5 volts, or less than 10 volts. It's marked for a single specific voltage that it's designed to energize at. You could use a simple transistor to act as a buffer from the first relay to switch the second.

Here is a 3 volt relay **broken link removed**

Mike, his wording is confusing, less than 5 volts and less than 10? There are a lot of values bellow 5 and 10 that you can get relays rated for. They're rated for a specific switching voltage not 'less than'

He doesn't want to load the originating relay, hence my suggestion of using a single transistor to drive the second relay, all that's need is a base resistor from the relay signal to the second relay, that switches his light's which can be any voltage. Just value the base resistor to allow the transistor to saturate at the rated load required for the second relay, or don't even bother with the second relay and just use a transistor that is rated for the load of the lights.

dear ,
i like to use im series 4.5v relay IMCO2GR .So please tell me how to get trigger from first relay. can you send me a circuite diagram including parts number.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 149
Wow, a real number! Woohoo! =>

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/03/relaydrv.pdf

Provides you with all the information you need for a simple single transistor driver, it only requires 1 resistor and 1 diode to prevent back EMF from harming the transistor. The diagram you should look at is the one for an NPN driver.

If you have problem with the English used please use a translator service such as Google translate or Babelfish so that the text is easier for you to understand.

thanks now its working properly,now i can controll my lights through relay.

also i need to make another relay in 5volt coil ,but contact swiching time must atleast 500ms to 1s. then contact must be off how can it possible?

Contact switching time must be 500ms to 1s? That doesn't make sense, contact bounce on a relay even worst case is never more than 100ms or so. Or are you refering to the switching rate? If you need the relay to switch quickly like that it's simple, don't use a relay, use transistors all the way around, skip the relays completely. You'll just have to pay attention to your circuit design to make sure it's durable enough for the real world.

dear ,
from this relay i need to work a contact clossure pins.1 pole of the pin ground.other is pulse .i cannot pass any current in this circuit .so i have to choose a isolater relay to contact this two pin.this 2 pins have to make a contact atleast 500ms to 1s to start the mechian.then pins must be disconnect.so can you tell me which is the better solution ,and please help me to send a circute diagram if you have .i hope your good respons as like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back