Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to wire L200c voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm trying to make a 12V power supply that also provides 5v 3v and 1.5. Am not too sure how to limit it to 12V at 25ma of current.

Also I seen a resistor on the resistor between gnd and reference, is that because the output can be higher than the voltage used to power the regulator? IF so I wouldn't need one right because my voltage supply is 15 and the output is 12 right?

I'll be using an 15V unregulated power supply.

You may want to read this link. It is a pretty good design guide for the regulator you have. Also you may want to note the following:

Delivering 2 A at a voltage variable from 2.85 V to 36 V, the L200 voltage regulator is a versatile device that
simplifies the design of linear supplies. This design guide describes the operation of the device and its applications.

Also, why are you trying to limit the current on the input side? Maybe I misread that.

Ron

I just have one more question. The l200c data sheet says it can supply a maximum of 2A of current. Say the device it's powering only uses 200ma, it will only supply 200ma right? Or do I have to set it up that way?

Last edited:
There is a weight lifter who can bench press 400 pounds. That means he can bench 150 pounds with ease. So he can lift any weight up to 400 pounds before his muscles crap out. Same thing with the regulator. Make sense?

I just have one more question. The l200c data sheet says it can supply a maximum of 2A of current. Say the device it's powering only uses 200ma, it will only supply 200ma right? Or do I have to set it up that way?

Right and I like Mike's analogy. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back