Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Ultrasonic sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually we are building an autonomous robot which calculates the distances using ultrasonic sensor and makes its own path and displaying the obstacle map in PC

Your attachment doesn't help: it shows only the transmitter. Also, it is practically illegible. For future reference, please post images in .gif format. They are much clearer and have a much smaller file size.

do a search for PING . for a 29$ module, it may make it easier, at least read it's data sheet, it's has some good stuff in it. also, at the top of this page, in the SEARCH box, search for ultrasonic sensor., there has been a lot on that topic in this forum in the last 8 years.

just as an aside....

In the circuit given, and I happened to find the original on the net. I am trying to figure out how the ultrasonic transducer works when it is in parallel with the collector and emitter rather than in series with the collector circuit

quote from www site...
Since the ultrasonic transducer used in this circuit is one designed to vibrate optimally at about 40 kHz, the resistor and capacitor values of the circuit were chosen such that the 555 will output a signal whose frequency is about 40 kHz. This 555 output is amplified by Q1, which drives the ultrasonic transducer. The transducer then vibrates at 40 Khz, generating ultrasonic sound waves of that frequency.

Maybe I'm jst having a DOH moment ??

Dave

Last edited:
The transducer is presumably a piezo type (high impedance) which behaves essentially as a capacitor. It is here being voltage-driven. With the transistor off the piezo capacitance charges via R4. It discharges when the transistor turns on.

wow this is what i needed dave thanks a lot . . . . .how can we give the output to micro-controller at89c52

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back