Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use skype for desktop W 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hello,
I have download software of sky pee for my PC , but how to use it?
can we use it in India to other country?

First you must add contacts (the people you wish to speak to). If they have a skype account, ask them for their skype name. Then you can go to Contacts-->Add Contact and type in their name. If you add them, they will receive a contact request, which they will accept if they know you.

Once you have contacts, all you have to do is click their name and select "Call", and you can talk with them over Skype for free. You should be able to speak with any contacts you have regardless of their location.

What do you mean, "Account link"? If you're asking how to connect to people, use the process I described earlier to add contacts. If you want someone to send you a contact request, give them your skype name (create an account, and part of that process asks you to choose a username).

That is explained in the instructions I just sent you. Did you read them?

You can sign in using a Microsoft account, a Skype account, or a Facebook account. I suggest you just create a Skype account (unless you'd like to sign in using one of the others, if you have them)

On another, hopefully, obvious thing, you need some sort of headset. Speaker/microphone attached to your PC, It could be a cell phone USB earbud. I finally bought a "Skype Phone" It's a physical phone that can answer/make a land line call or make/answer skype calls without a PC. It has a base that's connected to your network somewhere and a charger/station elsewhere.

Hello,
everything in it is working i have create outlook account.
and what is the credit technique it require to pay to get features??

such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." --Nikola Tesla
great.

Electronics is great!!

Hello,
everything in it is working i have create outlook account.
and what is the credit technique it require to pay to get features??

Calls between one skype user and another are free. However, calls between a skype user and a landline or cell phone you would need to pay for. "Skype Credit" is something you can buy that allows you to use Skype to call any phone, not just other peoples' skype accounts.

DerStorm8,
In which you work??

Where do I work, or do I work in Windows 7 or 8?

I work at Fujifilm Dimatix as a PCB designer. I do most of my work in Windows 7, though I used to own a Windows 8 laptop.

Bye the bye, Skype has 1 syllable not 2. I found the only advantage to using Skype pay LD is that any deposit is carried over year after year. I still have $2.47 left from $10 after 6 yrs. Whereas there are some free VoIP servers globally if you know how and if you live in North America , Magicjack is cheap and free LD within the continent.

If you want to make free LD calls to land lines in America from anywhere, I think Google Talk still works free.

But Skype-Skype works well on video calls, until you have a large complex video network router and even with the fastest fibre link , dropouts or excess latency (perhaps from buffer over-runs in Skype) can still occur.

Last edited:
Haha yep, that's me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back