Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use max6818

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

HI all,
i am designing a circuit which is having 8 switches which are to be interfaced to a micro controller, to interface switches to the controller i am using max6818 debounce IC, i have write a program in controller that if any switch state is changes corresponding serial data is transmitted what i observed is when the switch state is changed the serial data is coming with noticeable delay say 2 sec, i am not writing any delays in the software here i am using the simple 8051 microcontroller, can any one please tell me why this is happening i have connected the max6818 as given below

all 8 in pins are connected to switches and all 8 out pins are connected to controller, and vcc pin is connected to 5V ang gnd pin connected to gnd,and /EN is connected to gnd and i left the /ch pin. can any one please tell me why this is happening (delay) thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back