Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egomehmehimeh

Hi

I'm new, both at this forum and at elektronics. I just raely want to know, what Does IC's and how to use them?

(If you don't want to waste your time lerning me that basic stuff, i'll understand.)

Off topic posts deleted, one user has been banned for 48 hours for foul language and abusive behaviour. Any further repetition will result in similar (or worse) bans for those concerned!

Moderator.

I didn't think *all* the posts were offtopic. :)

Just for posterity, here's a recap of one that wasn't:

ICs are just a class of components which contain many circuits integrated into one component. Hence the name 'Integrated Circuit' (IC). The question of "what does an IC do" is too broad to answer well. Some ICs are amplifiers, some are comparators, some are counters or adders or flip-flops, and some are microcontrollers.

There are thousands of different kinds of ICs. You decide which one you need by learning a bit about designing circuits and learning what kinds of ICs are available. You can then decide upon which parts of a circuit would be easier and/or cheaper to do with an IC; i.e. if you need a counter, you could design it with discrete components, but that would take a lot of components, a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of board space. Or you could just use a counter IC to do the job for you. First though you'll have to get a bit of experience and start learning what kinds of ICs are out there.

Some more reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit
**broken link removed**
https://searchcio-midmarket.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid183_gci213503,00.html

Hope that helps a bit,

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back