Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use flash eproms off old motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashersmasher

i got a couple windbond w49f002u flash eproms from some motherboards and i'm trying to figure out how to use them. i can't find any info on how to use flash eproms of any type but since i have these and don't mind playing around with them i was wondering if anyone could explain basically how information can be stored and read off of them? i wouldn't mind using them in a project

These devices basically operate the same way as a 256kbit * 8 eprom.

The main difference is that, on these devices, there is no requirement for a higher than 5v programming voltage that a traditional eprom would require.
I would suggest reading the data sheet for the device.
Any standard eprom programmer should be able to handle this device.

Google the technologies involved to find out how they work, eprom, eeprom, flash memory etc

rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back