Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Counters ONLY to construct a School Bell circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinsor1

Hey guys,

I am really stuck here, our instructor told us not to use the 555 timer (and to be honest I never used it :D). So we are supposed to make a circuit by using counters only, I guess.

How can I generate time periods, and set time in seconds or minutes? Is Johnson Counter the best to use here?

I included a file describing how would the periods go, if any one could help me on that.
My project is due to next Monday, and I would be really grateful if someone could give me and idea or a hint to start. :)

Attachments

• Periods.doc
    12.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
There has been at least one other thread on this topic recently. Try searching this site.

One recent thread (by other kids in your class?) shows a CD4060 oscillator/counter.
A CD4536 and a CD4541 are oscillator/programmable timers.

Your teacher is lazy and does not teach you how to use counters and timers. The datasheets for the ICs explain how to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back