Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use 4 position DIP Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngeow

Hi I need abit of help on how to connect a 4 position DIP switch.Like do I have to connect one pin to 5v and one to ground or something?:confused:

Hi I need abit of help on how to connect a 4 position DIP switch.Like do I have to connect one pin to 5v and one to ground or something?:confused:

hi,
What is the part number of the rotary DIP switch, there are so many different types.?

Each position is a single switch like ___/ ___ so how you connect it depends on what you are trying to do.

I am thinking you are talking about this type of switch. if not please clarify switch type and use.
Slide_Type_Dip_Switch.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah its the switch Mikebits was talking about.Well I connected one side to the VCC and the other to my other components,but my lecturer said there was something wrong with it(but he wouldn't tell me),are there like certain errors that most people make or things you cannot do when using this switch?

Without knowing what you are trying to do, it is hard to say. A common usage is to have ground on one end of switch and on other side (Where IC is) a pullup resistor to Vcc which allows you to set a bit to logic 1 or 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back