Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to upload video in a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

kindly tell me how to upload a video in the thread. i have a problem in lcd and i wana upload video to discuss about it. or please tell me any alternate way.

Thank you.

I guess Admin don't want video, because of possibly huge file sizes. Can't you post three or four stills instead?

You can upload video clips to https://www.tinypic.com (make sure you select "video"), then post the link in the thread. That'll probably be the easiest way to do it, and it does not take up a lot of space.

Regards

Or use Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, MetaCafe, Google, or Facebook video links as the video link provided in the thread posting suggests.

Or use Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, MetaCafe, Google, or Facebook video links as the video link provided in the thread posting suggests.

All those require an account, and creating one and uploading videos to it is very time consuming. That's why I suggested tinypic.

Hmm, I wasn't even seeing that symbol before. Now I see it :D

Thanks Ian

Last edited:
Hi guys,

It's best to upload to youtube and then use the video-1.png icon to embed it into a post.

Kind Regards,
Phil

Hi guys,

It's best to upload to youtube and then use the View attachment 62064 icon to embed it into a post.

Kind Regards,
Phil

If somebody doesn't have a youtube account, but wants to post a video, it would still probably be okay for him/her to upload it to tinypic for free, and post the url in the video tags, right?

Just trying to make it as simple as possible :D

Thanks EM!

All those require an account, and creating one and uploading videos to it is very time consuming.
Account setup for Youtube (which is a Google service) requires only moments, posting videos is not complicated and the link is good for pretty much forever where sites such as tinypic are short term storage for images/video. It's quiet simple painless and takes little time.

If somebody doesn't have a youtube account, but wants to post a video, it would still probably be okay for him/her to upload it to tinypic for free, and post the url in the video tags, right?

Just trying to make it as simple as possible :D

Thanks EM!

We prefer YouTube for the reasons Sceadwian stated, but TinyPic is an easy alternative. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back