Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to turn on a motor at the parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Saulnier

Since the parallel port cannot be used to power many motors, I will use a separate power source for the motor.

The question is.. how do I set this up so that I can turn it on with the parallel port?

I read somewhere that a transistor needs to be used, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, that URL does not help much.

I now have a transistor connected correctly, and can make it work as a switch for an LED, but I don't know how to connect this with my computer. I tried connecting the transistor base to the parallel ground pins as well as the data pins (turned on), although none of that worked.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back