Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to transmit vidio over a range of 4km wirelessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
any frequency will do..
You must enshure that the used frequency is allowed by Law in your country.
In Germany you need an Amateur Radio Licence to built such a Transmition system.

There is a possibility with AM TV i'm not shure but i guess there will be taken frequencies about 1,2Ghz.

What is the input device and on what will you receive the picture?

What you are looking to do is transmit what amounts to a television signal over a distance of about 4 km. Your first response to what frequency was "any frequency" which is not a good answer but later became 2.4 GHz. That places you in the middle of WiFi communications. Again, not a good answer.

I don't know your country of origin so I obviously don't know the laws governing TV transmission in your country. Here in the US I would start by consulting with a FCC (Federal Communications Commission) first class licensed engineer. Here in the US ham radio operators have a wide range of frequencies open to them for VHF and UHF TV communications. I would suggest you start with a local ham radio club or organization in your country for advice and help with local laws governing transmission.

That or just mail order something from this link since they sell everything from small flea (low) power kits to industrial commercial TV transmitters. Connect a few wires, toss up an antenna and you are on the air.

Ron

Every one within the 4km range can see your video!
All governments own the air waves. You do not. Most governments will let you transmit from you front room to the bead room. If your power level is high a government will get involved! If every one had a 4km transmitter then the radio waves would be filled with garbage.

there are low power high frequency kits, available on ebay, i have purchased one long before. if you use a directional antenna to transmit and receive on line of sight, i beleive it can go upto 4km. you must use propper antenna for your frequency of choice

Just because it's available on Ebay doesn't necessarily mean it's legal to use it !

Alec

i agree with you, but with a good directional antenna the interference to other systems is minimal and the power required is very less..
That's right, but that can be forbidden by law too.
Only applying an directional Antenna to an allowed device can make the operation illegal.

In Germany you have Police in your Home immediately, when you try to do that, or when take reserved Frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back