Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to translate wire.requestfrom (arduino) to c?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed that the datasheet says that the device address is 0x46. You are using 0x8C.

Hi,

I tried using at the beginning 0x46, but failed to write to the GLCD.

Then I guess it's the 7-bit address - so for WRITE i used 0x8C (which is shifting 0x46 1 step left) - and it worked.

Then I guess it's the 7-bit address - so for WRITE i used 0x8C (which is shifting 0x46 1 step left) - and it worked.

Oh, yes.. that is one thing that should be mentioned in the datasheet. At least when they represent it as a hexadecimal. Hex value strongly implies an 8 bit bit-pattern. Some (most?) datasheets include the R/W bit in the address. Officially the address is 7bits of course.

Hi T,

I tried reading the FW, and I read 0x01.

I still haven't tried the delays, however 0x01 sounds suspicious, i'm not sure it is the actual FW version of the GLCD.

Hi T,

I tried reading the FW, and I read 0x01.

I still haven't tried the delays, however 0x01 sounds suspicious, i'm not sure it is the actual FW version of the GLCD.

I think that sounds promising at least. Better than zero. Sucks that they don't give any info about firmware versions in the datasheet.

Play with the delays. I saw this one thread where the code had 500ms delays between different drawing instruction. And he also had 500ms delay before he did anything... to let the glcd initialize.

well, I tried so many delays, but I keep reading zeros.
I also tried as you suggested to place other commands between the "Write Cursor" and "Read Cursor", but failed.
something is wrong with this GLCD or with its manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back