Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to track modem's DL and UL rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi,

I'm using an application called DUN-Monitor (Dial-Up Network Monitor).
This App. presents on a graph the download and upload (KBytes/sec) rates of the modem which connects the PC to the network.

I'd like to record that graph, but this application only shows the graph and not records it, so I only see a cerain time sement which advances all the time.
So, I can only see what happened during the last ~2 minutes, but can't see what happened during the last hour.

Do you know how I could record that graph?
Or any other application that allows recording the graph it shows?

Thanks!

Look for bandwidth monitor there should be applications out there that can do this for you, although it may or may not be an option for you many modern routers will monitor traffic.

Hi, thank you.
In case I'll keep using the DUN-Monitor application I currently use, do you know any SW that records what's on the screen?

You don't need software Eng, it's built right into Windows... has been since 3.1 Pressing printscreen will capture the entire screen to the clip board, holding ALT while pressing printscreen will only capture the currently active window. Then you just paste that into any image software (mspaint will work fine) and save it.

Hi,

The problem is that I won't be around the PC during the time the modem works, so I won't be there to press printscreen every ~2 minutes, you see?

Sorry I can't help much more Eng, I have broadband Internet and traffic monitoring is built into the router I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back