Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test this double diode module correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

I am working on a power supply that seems to be failing. One one rail, there are several double diode types like the one pictures. They seems to be the common cathode variety in a TO-220 package. Actual numbers are FMX22S but there are a few variations to that PN but ALL of the 3 pin double diodes are reading correct from 1-2, and 2-3 but all are showing 0 ohms from 1-3 on all of them. I am a little confused if there would be any way for this to happen in the chip or if this is a common failure mode for them?

I am also thinking that these diode might just be installed in parallel for the same circuit so that is why both anode sides conduct?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 268
I poked around on Mouser, and T0-220 dual diodes come in a variety of pin outs. Some have pin1 and pin3 shorted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back