Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a DC PWM motor speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

plukens

I was given a DC 12V-40V, 13khz Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Speed Control for use with a DC motor. It has no documentation. There are only 4 terminals with 2 labeled "In" and 2 labeled "Out". When I connect a 12V DC supply to the "In" terminals and a 12V DC motor to the "out" terminals, it does not run. Regardless of polarity of the 12V supply and position of the speed control knob (see attached pic). I also see no reading at the "out" terminals on my multimeter in AC or DC voltage modes.

Is there an easy way I can test this device to determine if it is working or dead? Of have I already done that?

Thanks for the help, I have not used one of these devices before.

View attachment 64940

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back