Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon102

Hello

Do you test your circuit first on a breadboard or begin directly with soldering ?

Whats your favorite proceeding to build a circuit?

Greetings
Charon

If it's a simple circuit, I might just solder it onto a perf board. but It's super easy to just breadboard it really quick.
If it's a complex circuit, (involving many components) I definitly breadboard it.

breadboard definatly...i still have a fridge cooling fan circuit breadboarded and screwed to the wall.. lol

Arr I cant stand breadboard (by breadboard you mean the white plastic boards that you can plug components into).

They are soo noisy. I tend to go straight for Veroboard. If it is a complex cct plan it out a bit and build up in stages testing as going along (if possible)

Yes, definatly depends on the type of circuit. If it includes frequencies over 10MHz, normal breadboards can't handle them. If the circuit is prone to noise, don't use breadboards at all.

plot said:
Yes, definatly depends on the type of circuit. If it includes frequencies over 10MHz, normal breadboards can't handle them. If the circuit is prone to noise, don't use breadboards at all.

I'm going to be getting started in pic micros in a bit, does this mean that I cant use it on my breadboard? (I'm going to use the 877a at 20 mhz).

jrz126 said:
I'm going to be getting started in pic micros in a bit, does this mean that I cant use it on my breadboard? (I'm going to use the 877a at 20 mhz).

no, you can use a breadboard provided that u do the layout very carefully (which is not an easy thing). but usually its better to use a veroboard. i believe that you are going to start with Nigel's tutorials. well, in that case Nigel has made all the layouts for the boards and u can easily build them on a veroboard. i would say that it would be better if you follow the layouts in Nigel's tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back